Wembury Parish comprises of the villages of Wembury, Down Thomas and Heybrook Bay which all lie within the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
There are 3 pubs within the parish all of which serve good food – and a number of scattered hamlets and farms. There is also a primary school, a pre-school, a Forest school and a twice weekly play group.
The church of St Werburgh has sat on the cliffs above Wembury Bay for over 1000 years. The beach is well known for surfing and rock pooling and the South West Coastal path goes past the end of the village.
The Church is one of four in the country dedicated to St Werburgh (7th century Saxon Abbess). It is picturesquely sited on rocks above Wembury beach; unusually it is built outside the village, with views over the Yealm Estuary and Mewstone, and surrounded by National Trust land. It serves the parish of Wembury, including Down Thomas and Heybrook Bay, and the surrounding communities.